Friday, June 15, 2007

Caps Coming to the BIG SCREEN

Yes I drew  this one (well more of a marker  blue pencil sketch) hahahaha what follows next is an article NOT written by me. I do want to say however that I really wonder can they pull off a Captain America Movie? Now Don't GET IT TWISTED, my All time favorite comic company is marvel ever since my cousin and friend hipped me to them. I love seeing the characters come to life the only one I have ever REALLY been disappointed with was the Hulk and lets  just say IT WASN'T BECAUSE of the GREEN SKINNED GOLIATH!!!! ILM ROCKED ON HIM best I've seen so far, but the STORY... you know what... NUFF SAID. 
Captain America Movie Next From Marvel After Hulk!
June 14, 2007
Source: Collider.com
by Alex Billington

This week has been a flurry of comic book movie news - Thor, Punisher 2, 30 Day of Night! And today it gets even better! Our friends over at Collider.com heard from Marvel's President of Production, Kevin Feige, that after The Incredible Hulk the next Marvel film will be Captain America! Feige spoke quite a bit about the project and the direction the film would take and that they already have a writer working on the script.

From the interview, Feige said that they don't have a director yet but that David Self is writing the script and they're hoping to get it into the pipeline within the next year. He also spoke about what they're planning to do with the project and whether it would be a period piece or not.

“Well I think we'll certainly have to play with that and play with Captain America being this patriotic propaganda machine on one hand but also being a very human Steve Rogers – interesting, fascinating hero in his own right."
So no chance of a period piece for Captain America? “Right now what we’re developing would be half and half."
Captain America is the superhero first introduced in 1941 known best by the shield he wields and his patriotic uniform. If you're a fan or just want to learn more, I suggest checking out the full quotes from Feige over at Collider.com.

Is anyone else pretty excited to see this coming together? I think Marvel's got the comic book movie genre in the bag right now, give or take DC's Batman, and their upcoming films already in production (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk) are going to be huge. This is going to be an exciting next few years for Marvel. (I agree..-D-)

ONE OF MY FAVORITE TEAMS other than the Avengers or X-men off course.
-D-

1 comment:

Ian Ascher said...

Beautiful work on the art as always.

As for the movie.... we'll get what we get. It's difficult to cram 40 to 50 years worth of a characters history into a 2 hour film and still please every fan and newcomer alike. I've given up hope of a true comic book movie ever being made from a Marvel or DC concept. I'll just watch what they come up with and enjoy them for what they are.

Except for Daredevil & Electra... those were just plain bad.