Friday, May 25, 2007

enhancing some pages for War hammer


here you can also see a before and after.I was asked by one of the editors at Boom Studios to enhance the pages. the original colorist had some kind of yellow-ish layer on the image creating this cool old gritty effect. As I understand it the originating company wanted more of a punchy look. I just removed that layer in photoshop did a color balance here and there and added highlights to give it more of a punch and WALA!!! When I was approached I was asked if I could have 22 of these pages done by MONDAY!!! MIND YOU IT WAS THURSDAY OR FRIDAY AGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I THINKING TO SAY YES!!!! MAN to say the least I made the deadline (BY GODS GRACE ALONE) and I not only shocked the editor I shocked myself, BUT before It looks like I'm patting myself on the back let me make sure to mention that a lot of the modeling was already done and that made the job a bit easier but it was still a lot of hard work I'm sure it would be a much different story doing this all from the ground up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HUGE difference! :D